Saturday, December 27, 2008

Redneck Snow in Chicago?

OK, so snow in Chicago isn't quite like the redneck snows of Georgia...at least in amount. In longevity, however, this one was a match. When we arrived yesterday afternoon, there was a lot of snow on the ground. By this morning, though, most of it had disappeared in torrents of rain and near-60 degree temps. Knowing through forecasts it would soon disappear, the kids wasted no time in heading out into it as soon as we arrived yesterday.

The trip from Nashville to Chicago was a long one with lots of fog, traffic, and potty stops. In fact, the Princess informed us in Indiana, "I really need to go potty." The only options were industrial ones, so we told her to hold it. When we got to my sister-in-law's house, though, she was so excited for a romp in the white stuff that all things potty were forgotten...until about 10 minutes after we had dressed her in all of this:
My sister and brother-in-law were so kind to gather all of the kids' "snow stuff" we needed...boots, gloves, snow suits. They were unable to find boots for Jacob, however, but he did just fine. The answer? Redneck snow boots:

As much fun as they had, I don't think it would have mattered to any of them if they had been wearing plastic shopping bags from head to toe.

6 comments:

CrossView said...

Ok, I'm jealous. Not because I like snow, I do not. But because my youngest has never had the opportunity to play in snow. And I want that for her, just once. And it does look like yours are having a great time! Was anyone brave enough to pelt you with a snowball?

Kathleen said...

Crossview ~ You have an open, standing invite to come visit us if/when we get snow...even if it's redneck snow! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Yep I'm jealous too! I want snow...here in GA :)

Courtney said...

We haven't seen snow in six years. And, it when it does happen, it's in January. After our 72 degree week it's hard to imagine snow. Maybe we'll be surprised......

@nnie said...

Those boots are too funny! At first, I couldn't tell what they were... Granny's bonnet? Then the target symbol brought it all together. Ha!

LoriM said...

I once had the - urge to make a potty stop in about the same place in Indiana where Audrey got hers! And the college boys I was traveling with (from school in Dayton, TN to home in Wheaton, IL) would not stop either! They remember me that way to this day. True Story.