Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sleepover!

To help us get in the holiday spirit and to shake up our routine a bit, we had a sleepover tonight...in my room. As excited as the kids were for this event, you'd have thought they were getting to spend the week at camp or something. They all got to eat popcorn on my bed while they watched Elf.

There was lots of laughing as there normally is when we watch this movie. And there was a big "Ewwwww!" when Buddy kissed his girl. Alex added a disgusted, "They barely know each other!" Good girl.

Hopefully we get a little more sleep than is generally had at a sleepover. It is a school night, after all.

3 comments:

CrossView said...

That sounds like fun!

I don't normally like Will Ferrell movies but there's something about Elf. LOL!

Could it be because smiling's my favorite, too??!!

4 Lettre Words said...

What a fantastic idea!! Love it!

And, we LOVE Buddy. That movie is second only to "A Christmas Story", which I have loved since I was a teen. Funny Christmas movies are the best! :o)

Kathleen said...

Funny ones ARE the best, aren't they?

Crossview ~ Along with the smiling line, my kids particularly like Buddy's agenda for his dad: "We'll play in the snow for two hours, [something-something else], and then snuggle!" :-)