Saturday, November 8, 2008

For Sale. Again.

After a few weeks' break, our house is once again on the market. Waiting for the floods of expectant buyers...because there were so many of them the last time we had our house for sale. This time, however, I think we have a more aggressive realtor. She's even doing an agent caravan for us next week. In preparation, of course, there has been a lot of cleaning to do. And a little reflecting...

As I was cleaning out a closet, I came across a pile of pictures that never made it on to the walls of our home. And I realized we have never really fully settled here. Somehow we knew we'd be moving on soon, that this wouldn't be our final resting place. As a direct result of the many, many addresses I have called "home", I am loathe to label any place our final resting place (aside from Heaven), although I am trying to curb my wanderlust and replace it with contentedness for wherever I happen to be at the moment. And as I survey all of this junk that will have to be packed up, moved into a temporary resting place, then packed up again to be moved to our new home, I've decided that I might be persuaded to stay at the next location for a longer period of time than I have ever spent in one place...just so I don't have to pack up the house again.

I say "temporary resting place" because the plan is to rent for a year or so while we build a new home. (Yes, we actually enjoy the building process.) Of course, there's no real telling if this is just our plan or also His plan. So, in an effort to not sound too presumptuous, I won't tell you that we have already found a piece of property we wish to purchase. And I won't tell you we've already picked out a new house plan. And that we've already made changes to the new house plan to make it our dream house. Because, if I told you all these things, you would truly think me a bit overeager and possibly a touch psychotic.

What I will tell you is that, although I'm not particularly worried about the opinion of the agents who will parade through here on Tuesday, I did ask the maid to come in. It hurts my pride a little to have the maid come in, but if she didn't, I wouldn't have time to do important things. Like blogging and stuff.

2 comments:

mareseatoats said...

Oh, how I loathe the showing process! If you ever need a sudden (or not so sudden) place to land for a time, just give a shout. My kids would love the chance to play with yours!

CrossView said...

Blogging IS important. We need to read! =P

I've been told all my life that I have Gypsy blood in me. I have suspicions that it's true. I'm already antsy to move somewhere new... *sigh*

A maid??!! Go for it! We don't have the cash but we do have older kids. So I go with my built-ins! LOL!