Saturday, November 15, 2008

Drama!

Since we don't enjoy enough drama at home, I went out for a little drama last night. This was different drama, however. Of the thee-u-ta kind. And I was accompanied by Alex. Although it was a cold, bleak evening, we had a lovely girls' night out, which commenced at Johnny Carino's. There we met some friends, including one of Alex's BFF's. Italian food and great fellowship; it doesn't get much better. Next was the drama. It wasn't Broadway, but it was very well-performed, courtesy of Artios Academies who served up their rendition of The Secret Garden. Having read the book "at least twice," Alex was able to offer several critiques on the play during our ride home. All positive criticism, and she especially liked the live rabbit which Dicken Sowerby brought on stage. All in all, a great break from the drama at home, and the best part was that I got to share it with my favorite 8-year-old in this whole wide world.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice looking blog! Have you left the homeschool blogger world behind? Thanks for the invite. I'll be a regular reader.

CrossView said...

Now that sounds like fun!

I love listening to my kids discuss a book they've read versus anything based on it!

And I say mark that down as school! To include, of course, Italian food. If the public school counts Olive Garden, you can count yours! =P

Kathleen said...

Arby ~ Thanks for stopping by! Yes, I have left HSBlogger, although I still love the folks over there! I just find this much easier in handling pictures, etc.

Crossview ~ I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of Italian included in the lesson plans now that I know it counts! :-)

@nnie said...

what an awesome evening... and how special it must have been for your daughter. Thanks for your comments on my blog the last couple weeks. I did link you and noticed you linked me, so I think we're both feeling good about that. I enjoy your blog Katy! You are obviously living under the mighty hand of God! Your words and life reflect Him. Blessings!

Teacher Mommy said...

What a wonderful idea! That is still one of my absolutely favorite children's books--and one I need to read again. I love plays!

By the way--I'm getting addicted to this. TAG!! YOU'RE IT!

http://diapersanddragons.blogspot.com/2008/11/five-things-meme.html#links