Friday, July 3, 2009

Tying Up Loose Ends

Well, I won't even bother listing the answers to my mystery photo shoot from yesterday (I called it a "photo shoot"! Ha!) because they were apparently really, really easy. If any mystery remained at all, just check TeacherMommy's comment in yesterday's post. She got them all...well, except for naming the colorful spiral bound books as the Hooked on Phonics Master Reader program. But I didn't expect that much specificity.

On another note, yesterday was my 14th anniversary. I'm grateful to be married to my soulmate. He's my best friend too. His parents are pretty great too and offered to watch the kids for us yesterday. We enjoyed a movie (The Proposal - very cute movie) and dinner at my favorite Italian Restaurant. And you KNOW I indulged in some chocolate mousse cake and brought a piece home to enjoy today.

Which brings me to my next point...this getting healthy and walking the Appalachian Trail stuff. I think I mentioned I'm a little bit competitive. But I'm also honest. So I'll admit that my sister-in-law is kicking my butt in this race (which, incidentally, is down the Appalachian Trail rather than up; I just assumed I'd be starting in Georgia, but I guess I'd rather end in Georgia so I'll be home at the end, virtually speaking anyway). I did log over 9000 steps yesterday which made up for my narrowly missing my daily 7500 goal on Wednesday.

I'm off to a fairly good start today. You'd think that sleeping in 'til 9:30 wouldn't make for a particularly good start, but I doubled my treadmill time to account for my laziness. Plus it took that long to watch last night's results of So You Think You Can Dance. With all of the housework I have planned for today to get ready for tomorrow's 4th celebration, hopefully I'll be able to log quite a few steps. And here's hoping my 4-hour volleyball game Sunday pushes me along the trail as well.

Well, if you need me, I'll be vacuuming my way down the Appalachian Trail.

5 comments:

Teacher Mommy said...

Really, it's just that I'm totally awesome and know everything there is to know.

Ha.

Loved the photos, actually--made me a little jealous of your ability to capture such gorgeous images.

Unknown said...

Hey, vacuum your way up the Lewis & Clark trail and stop by Apathy.

Congratulations on #14! We celebrate #13 next month.

CrossView said...

Happy Anniversary!!

And even if you "lose" your Trail race, you'll win health-wise. I love those kinds of odds.

bethany said...

I have seen people with coupon wish lists. How do you normally do that? Through the mail? Are ya'll joining the coop again?

4 Lettre Words said...

That "hike" sounds really cool! I'm very competitive, myself. :o)