Wednesday, January 26, 2011

You Capture - Happy

There are a lot of things that make me happy: my husband, my kids, a new book, chocolate, sunsets, the beach, chocolate...

Lately, though, I've been thinking that what would make me really happy would be to see some green outside instead of all this white. Seriously, why in the WORLD did the Pilgrims come all the way over here and say to themselves, "Wow, this looks like a really great place to live in the middle of December even though we don't have any houses or any other kind of shelter"?

There is so much snow here. Just piles and piles of it. And it's not just snow. It's a couple layers of snow, a layer of ice, another layer of snow, a layer of ice, some more snow. I'm sure there is a summer of some kind up here in the Arctic, but I kind of see these piles just sticking it out through the summer...trying to get a head start on next winter.

Anyway, there are a million more inspiring, more important things I could photograph that define happiness for me, but honestly, the thing that made me the happiest on a snowy day like today was stopping by Starbucks to pick up my favorites: An Iced Venti Green Shaken Tea and some Scones.

HappyGreenTea


HappyScones


And, yes, I realize that I'm probably the only one in this frigid land who goes in on a day like today and orders an iced drink, but when you're hooked, you're hooked.

HappyStarbucks


Photobucket

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm lucky I live in a part of the US where we don't get a whole lota snow... Southeast Missouri... although, we did experience an ice storm the winter of '08, it was awful! Most of the time, if we get anything, it's ice... but it never lasts long, except the ice storm of '08 when it lasted for a couple weeks & some people were without electric for weeks & some even for a couple months!!! YiKeS!

That tea sure sounds good right now, but, ya know, I've never eaten a scone... don't even know what it is! LoL! =)

Michelle DeRusha said...

I'm with you...bring on those scones!

Lovely photos here...you are making me hungry!

Adventures as a Small Town Mom said...

What great photos! I am loving doing You Capture and meeting other bloggers.

C.G. Koens said...

We have snow at the moment too, but I'm still enjoying it (until I have to drive around in it). I totally agree with your Happiness photos - great captures!

Brooke said...

I love your shots! Beautifully done.

Gina Kleinworth said...

Those sure make me happy! Love Starbucks!

tiarastantrums said...

I was wishing for some spring this morning as well! Those scones look delic!

Jen said...

Mmm, scones and tea sound so good!

Darcy said...

So funny, I just wrote you an email and those were the EXACT scones I was talking about, vanilla petites....hmmmmm yummmm! maybe this is a sign :-)
anyway, i love love love your photos. seriously so pretty and great color.

HaB said...

Hmmmmmm....Starbucks!!!

Natalie said...

Lol that's true. I hardley ever get a craving for ice cream until its freezing out! Love your first photo, the lighting is magnificent!

Amy @ Cheeky Cocoa Beans said...

LOL! My big question is, do they serve iced tea this time of year in sit-down restaurants? When we were in Montana ('95), iced tea was listed as "seasonal" on the restaurant menus!

Scones...yum! And the colors in that shot--wow!

Jill G. said...

Lovely lighting in the scones picture! And there is nothing wrong with a cold drink when it is cold out- you just have to wrap up in a blanket to enjoy it!