Monday, January 3, 2011

Tasks

Read to Audrey...it is perhaps the easiest task on the kids' daily assignment sheets, and it accomplishes several homeschooling goals all in one sitting:

1. The basket of books from which Audrey can choose which book to have her brother or sister read is a basket full of carefully chosen-by-me books, so she will hear the stories I have on her literature list.

2. The 3 oldest kids get practice reading aloud.

3. Audrey is occupied while I am having some one-on-one academic time with one of the older children.

4. If but for a few minutes, Audrey is experiencing some quality time with her siblings.

Jacob & Audrey 2


Sweet Shot Day


Jacob & Audrey


Communal Global at Life with Kaishon

13 comments:

Amy @ Cheeky Cocoa Beans said...

I love having Daniel read aloud to Bethany. He reads with expression very well--more so than my oldest son--and sometimes he gets a little carried away in that regard. But they both enjoy it, and I do, too. :)

Sweet photos!

dclouser said...

These pictures are absolutely priceless!

Michelle said...

Very cute!! and a great idea!! I never thought to put it on their to do list!!

Have a great week!

Unknown said...

What a great idea. I absolutely love it. They look so cute reading together!

CrossView said...

The ONLY bad thing about visiting your blog is the sniffs I get from missing having little ones. Otherside, I enjoy the flashing back to those times. Gorgeous shots!

Unknown said...

Precious captures!!!

Blessings,
Jill
http://fnaphotography.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Aww! So sweet!

SarahinSC said...

That's a really great idea! Super cute pictures!

Maddy said...

Mutlitasking...the foundation of Motherhood! Great idea :)

Bunch of Barrons said...

Sweet shots. That's a great idea, too!

Michelle said...

These are gorgeous pictures! I love the way she's looking at him in the first one and the second is so sweet :)

tsinclair said...

Great idea...and so sweet too!

Freckles & Dimples Photography said...

very sweet words and captures :) Glad you found my blog, too! hope you are enjoying the CT weather!!