Thursday, January 15, 2009

Today's Adventures

It feels like the North Pole here in Hotlanta, much to my dismay, but we ventured out anyway. Our first stop was Book Club, and the kids' reports on presidents went very well. Audrey began the hour with her report on George Washington. She proudly--and a bit shyly--made her way to the podium where she perched on a chair so she could see above the podium. And she delivered her presentation: "George Washington was the first president of the United States." It was adorable. Alex and Michael also did well presenting William Henry Harrison and Andrew Jackson.

And then...hold on to your hats...Jacob gave his report as well! He has never done anything like this before. Never gotten up in front of a crowd. Never had all eyes focused on him. Never talked by himself to a crowd. I'm so proud of him!

After Book Club we headed to INK. I groaned when we pulled up because there were two school buses parked outside. But they were eating lunch when we got inside, and after they finished eating, they left so we had the whole place to ourselves. As usual, the kids had a great time, although next time I'll have to find a friend to come along for Alex. I think she's outgrowing this museum a bit, and a friend would make it a bit more entertaining for her. Seems she still enjoyed today's adventures, though.








4 comments:

@nnie said...

Your kids did their momma proud! Such a good feeling! And yay for Jacob. Hope it warms up there! (I feel better about our 10 degree Oklahoma weather when I read my friend's blog who lives in Iowa - the picture of her digital thermometer reads nineteen BELOW! - I can't believe people actually live in those conditions!)

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun! Hope you're staying warm!

Courtney said...

Thanks, Kathleen! I knew one of my smart bloggy friends would get me in "the know" about crossing out. I'll try it on my next post.

CrossView said...

I've had enough cold here in Jawaja...

Looks like an awesome day full of fun and learning. And Audrey's report? Perfect! =D