Monday, November 30, 2009

Bright Futures Goes Historical

Before I invite you to read more of my Bright Futures students' writing, I want to introduce you to my "kids":


My two girls, from left to right, are Helen and Andrea (pronounced An-DREE-uh). Helen just joined us. She is only in 8th grade but is a really strong writer, so I brought her up with me for Writer's Workshop. Andrea is in 10th grade.

From left to right, my boys are Travis, Lelon, and Christopher. Travis and Christopher are in 12th grade and take the SAT next week. (Pray for them!) Lelon is in 9th grade.

I have uploaded new writings to Writer's Block. These are historical fiction pieces. I had a difficult time getting Lelon to understand the fictional aspect of this. As a result, his piece more closely resembles a report on an historical event, but we're making progress. If you have a moment, please read these pieces and leave a comment. As I've said before, these comments mean so very much to them!

3 comments:

ballast photography said...

I was just thinking today about how I neglected to visit your Bright Beginnings students online...thanks for the visual of their smiling faces to help keep the thought fresh in my mind. I should have some time on Wednesday or Thursday to leave some comments on their work. I love that you're doing this, and I want to encourage you and them!!

Unknown said...

I just read the one on the great slave escape...very good job. I was able to visualize it very well.

Good looking bunch of kids, btw.

CrossView said...

As soon as my computer is free for more than a couple of minutes, I'll pop over. I enjoy their writings!

They look ike a fun group!
In the 2nd photo, Christopher has *almost* cracked a smile. ;o)

Thanks for putting the bright faces to go along with the great writing!