Friday, June 5, 2009

A Week's Worth of Numbers

Crossview commented on a previous post that I deserved a medal. Although the merits of any type of award are certainly debatable, I'm here to collect. I made it through...

--5 days of enthusiastic, energetic, screaming children...and witnessed 8 of them give their hearts to Jesus,

--3 hours in the car to pick up a free cat from a Craigs List poster...and, because it was close by, had the opportunity to visit Bread Beckers, which is the place from which I purchase my wheat,

--1 sleepless night with a new kitty pacing around the room...and realized that she is actually a very easy-going cat...when she's sleeping elsewhere,

--5 nights preceded by a vow to be in bed before midnight...and right now am "fiddling"--as my better half calls it--right into another late night...but I get to sleep in tomorrow,

--30+ unexpected guests at my house Wednesday night for a party that was supposed to be Not Here...and had a wonderful time catching up with old friends,

--5 mornings of alarm clock awakenings, followed by an ever-increasing number of hits on the snooze...and gained a better appreciation for people who hold real jobs or wake up every morning to take their children to real school.

A lot of hard work this week but a rewarding one. And about that waking up every morning? Well, with a resident princess, the implications are that somewhere there lurks a queen. Um, that would be me. And this queen doesn't do mornings. Thank goodness my mornings that begin with the incessant beep of an alarm clock are few and far between.

4 comments:

CrossView said...

Wow! Just wow!

Sounds like a great weeek - after you've survived it, of course! ;o)

I always loved VBS. I've taken a few years off and now I can say I miss it!

And you now have a cat??!!

And the biggest WOW to knowing there are 8 more kids in God's hands!

@nnie said...

You are one in a million! :-)

Unknown said...

You're a better mom than I am!

Khakismum said...

Ahhhhh, the 'typical' life of a typical homeschoolom! LOL Glad you had a good week.

Congrats on the cat - they really are MUCH easier than dogs.

I too thank God for the ability to work *with* my body's natural clock rather than against and arise when I am rested not at the draconian buzz of an alarm clock! (only on certain scheduled days do I succumb to it.)

Ahhhh unexpected guests/parties are the best. You find out who your *real* friends are if they come by and you forgot to clean the guest toilet. ;-)

Keep up the good work!