Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Big Brother is Watching

I know, I know...some would say I'm selling out. But...I decided to see what all of this commotion is about Google Adsense. So I "monetized" my blog. Not that I have that many readers. And not that any of my readers are the type to click on ads, but...well, why not?

And it's actually turned out to be quite an interesting, albeit scary, experiment. It took literally seconds to monetize my blog, and the ads appeared instantaneously. I wondered why they were all ads that pertained to cleaning. I mean, I consider my blog to be mostly about homeschooling and family life. But then I remembered that my last two posts have been about getting the house clean and ready to show. Big Brother is watching, folks!

I have noticed Big Brother's presence on Facebook as well. Mostly my sidebar ads on FB are about homeschooling. Ever since I mentioned feeling very old after a game of volleyball, lo and behold, I began to get ads about volleyball.

It will be interesting to see what ads show up after this post about ads. And if you see any ads of interest, feel free to click!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Hmm. Very interesting. Just like at the grocery store when you buy Cheerios and then the store sends you coupons for General Mills. Hmm....

Melissa Stover said...

i'm glad you stopped by my blog. it sure doesn't hurt to make a few pennies just for writing. i hope it will pay off for you.

@nnie said...

very interesting! you will have to keep us updated on how you like it... the ads and the payment! :-) I do think it's weird/scary how those FB ads are so specificallly targeted to me.

CrossView said...

Ooh! Good for you! I've always been curious about it. I hope you'll let us know how it goes AND how it works!