Sunday, May 31, 2009

More Perks

As difficult as it sometimes is when TravelDaddy is absent, his travels come with perks. Like our lodging this past weekend in Kentucky. When we checked in, he requested his usual upgrade when he is accompanied by his brood: a suite. And a suite they gave us--a lovely suite with a full living area and kitchenette/bar area along with a master room and bathroom. And then they took care of our $20 per day parking fee. And then they gave us $200 in vouchers to cover our breakfasts. Very nice perks indeed. 90+ days in Marriott properties per year pay off!

We had a wonderful weekend in the charming city of Louisville. The occasion was the bi-annual Christian and Missionary Alliance conference. My in-laws were missionaries with CMA as were many of my friends at boarding school (my parents were with the heathen baptists). So this was a weekend for spending time with Mark's sisters who are missionaries in Africa and the Middle East and with many other missionary friends I have not seen for years. We were also able to be part of the commissioning of a very dear friend who is heading to Africa shortly.

A relaxing, fun weekend...and now if only my husband's perks would provide for a substitute VBS teacher so I could sleep in tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

CrossView said...

Nice perks! I imagine the space helps keep down the battles! LOL! And a far cry from Africa??!!

I'm so glad you enjoyed the conference....

Courtney said...

Here's hoping for a smooth VBS week!