Sunday, June 10, 2007

Puddle Jumping


We had a great time this afternoon breaking in the pool. We ran the hose all night long and during church, so we had a fairly large puddle when we returned home. The kids had such a good time playing and splashing around in the shallow water that I commented to Mark that they'll probably feel a little let down once it's completely filled and consequently deeper. We probably won't play in our puddle anymore until we get the water truck in to finish the job: because it's not deep enough, the filter isn't on, so the water is a little cloudy, and I'm not sure the plaster remnants are the best thing for the kids to be accidentally digesting. Hopefully, the filling will be complete by Tuesday.



We have a busy week ahead of us, so there's not a whole lot of time for swimming anyway. This is VBS week, and we head to "Game Day Central" tomorrow. I quite possibly will be MIA for the next few days. Despite the fact that VBS only lasts for 4 1/2 hours, that 4 1/2 hours straight with Kindergarteners is exhausting. In addition, I feel mightily unprepared this year. I enjoy VBS and very willingly took on the lead Bible Study Teacher role for the second year in a row. I'm just not as organized this year as usual, so for example, the room decorating this evening took forever and I ended up calling in the reinforcements (ie: Mark and the little ones) to help. Alex was my big helper the entire time. We enjoyed a little girl time and stopped for a little treat on the way to church (don't tell the boys!), and she was such a huge help to me.



In addition to VBS, I'm going to try to sneak in a Girls' Night Out or two this week. Mark generally tries to be here for the week of VBS to help me get out the door with the tribe at 8:15 in the morning as well as be home in the event that we have a sick child; this way my teaching isn't interrupted. So...with him home, it's also a perfect week to reconnect with some friends. Mark will be busy at home as well as the landscaper is scheduled to put in our sod and irrigation system among other things.


Looks like we started a new week with a splash, and now we're ready to dive in. I just hope we can stay afloat!


No comments: