Friday, June 15, 2007

60% Chance of Rain

I knew it. I just knew it. For days, for weeks, for months, there has been nary a drop of rain. They're calling it a drought. There have been watering bans, fire bans, firework bans. Produce prices are going up because of the drought.


But, as soon as the pool is complete...the skies open up and let loose. The pool was finished a couple of days ago and since then, we have had daily thunderstorms. One day we even had hail--nothing like filling the already-too-cold-for-wimpy-Katy pool with little ice cubes!


I do have to admit that it has been a blessing to have nice weather for the building of the pool (and yes I realize the selfishness of that statement since there really truly has been a drought that has negatively affected so many), and honestly it has cleared up and turned out to be a nice day. I just enjoy the irony of seeing the rain fall the moment the pool is complete. But, really, I've had enough entertainment from life's little ironies; I really want to enjoy my pool now!

No comments: