Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Our Christmas

Our Christmas began about a week prior to December 25 when we exchanged gifts with the kids' uncle

who spoiled them rotten. Remember how I'm too cheap to buy my girls American Girl Dolls? Uncle John and his fiancee got Alex Kit.


Audrey received an Itty Bitty Baby. She also got a couple of other babies. She is quite the harried mommy these days.


It's a little confusing 'round here because the babies' names are Sally, Alex, and Audrey.

The boys also received gifts from their lists.




We enjoyed a lovely Christmas Eve service at our new church. Afterwards, I made the kids pose for pictures. "Your cooperation will be your Christmas present to me," I explained. Two of the children were more giving than the other two.


We did, however, manage to get two half-family pictures. And since two halves make a whole, we can actually say we took a family Christmas picture this year. Sorry...no cards. We aren't THAT together!



I've already described the utter Christmas anticipation in this household Christmas morning. It doesn't need to be said that they all enjoyed tearing into their gifts. And they were especially cute doing so in their brand new robes.


We had Christmas at our house with both sets of grandparents. We were also reunited with one of Mark's sisters and her husband who just returned from Africa as well as their grown children, two of whom brought spouses as well. It was a fun house full!


It's hard to believe another Christmas has gone by. Now it's on to the mysteries that 2010 will inevitably hold...

10 comments:

tsinclair said...

Great pictures. Hard to say which one I like best, they are all good especially the last one.

Sounds like you had a nice Christmas!

CrossView said...

I'm pretty sure I've said this before but it must be said again.... Will the uncle PLEASE adopt me?

The best part about American Girl is that you can get all the extras for other celebrations, like birthdays, etc. Bitty Baby stroller and crib and clothes and Kit's outfits and books and.... Sorry! I miss those days...

Love the pictures! The girls together and the boys together are my favorites! ;o)

ballast photography said...

Maybe you can photoshop the 2 half pictures into one? LOL

Looks like a great holiday! Glad you enjoyed it.

Bunch of Barrons said...

Looks like y'all had a wonderful holiday! :) Great pictures...hope you have a great New Year's as well! :)

Colleen said...

Love the harried mommy shot! Happy New Year!

4 Lettre Words said...

Your family is SO beautiful, Kathleen! I'm so happy that y'all enjoyed your Christmas.

Happy New Year!!

Amy said...

Oh we LOVE Kit! She was Abbi's first (of two) AG dolls. She got Ruthie last year.
Audrey's expression in the 'harried mother' photo really looks like a 'harried mother.' Reminds me of when the twins were babies. I think that was my daily expression.

@nnie said...

Christmas came and danced through your house. I pray the New Year does the same.

Bernie said...

Great pictures! I love the last picture so much.

Warmly,

Bernie

No Longer 25 said...

Great photos, I love the last one the best too. Looks like you had a great time.
Jade