Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Conversations with God

"God, if I'm being perfectly honest, I have to say I'm a lot disappointed and a little angry with You."

He jumps right in because He knows exactly what I'm talking about. "Patience and trust. Remember?"

"But I've been patient. And I've been trusting," I whine.

"You're not being trusting right now. Remember Jeremiah 29:11?"

"I know, but..."

"But what?"

"But I've been praying. And I just finished my second week at Bright Futures. I thought we had a deal."

"I don't make deals."

"I know. Not an official deal, but I just kinda thought..."

"You can't earn the things you want. I will provide all that you need."

The family that looked at our house on Saturday was indeed the perfect family for this house. Unfortunately, the school system was not a perfect fit for them. I can't say I blame them...

5 comments:

CrossView said...

Bummer! But at least you know that when you do get a buyer it really will be perfect. At least, the timing will. For you. Too bad we can't ever really see that until later - that hidnsight and all. ;o)

Or maybe the family will decide to homeschool? LOL!

Kathleen said...

You know what, Crossview? They WERE homeschoolers (elementary). I almost made a, er, suggestion in my follow-up email to them, but I refrained. 'Tis not my place, I suppose.

Courtney said...

Well that IS odd that they based their decision on the local schools since they homeschool. Maybe they're thinking of quitting homeschooling?

dclouser said...

So sorry it didn't work out. I can only imagine how disappointing that is. We'll keep praying!

@nnie said...

Kathleen,

I can soooooooooooo relate to how you feel. I was angry too and actually kind of hurt in a similar situation.

But, He does want the best for us. The waiting can be so hard.

Prayers!

Annie