Friday, October 8, 2010

A Weekend in NY

It's been difficult keeping my Chapters up to date for a number of reasons. First and foremost, it's been busy, and between settling in and getting back into a school routine, it has been difficult to find time to write. Aside from that, though, I honestly haven't felt like it. Not that our transition has been that tough all things considered; I just haven't had the writing bug or photography bug for that matter. But seeing as how this is the biggest change to date in our lives as a family, I thought it is about time I get back to recording the details. And, since trying to "catch up" seems like quite a daunting task, I will treat this as I do my scrapbooking and just start back where I am rather than backtracking.

We've had a special weekend this weekend. Mark's family has quite a history at a private college in New York. Recently, the college added a Nursing School, and they honored one of my wonderful sisters-in-law by naming it after her. This weekend was the dedication, so as much of the family as could make it met for a mini-reunion and to support my sister-in-law. She gave a wonderful speech at the dedication, and we were all very proud of her as she accepted her honor both beautifully and humbly.

It has been a fun time of reconnecting with members of the family, and we have had the chance to enjoy the beauty of New York as well.





4 comments:

Bunch of Barrons said...

Glad you had a good trip, got to see family! :) Cute pictures of the kids!

Unknown said...

I've had very little desire to keep up Bedlam. It's the writing blahs.

CrossView said...

Wow! All the new *not in the south* places you're getting to see! Living geography! LOL!

Congrats to your sis-in-law! What an honor!

tsinclair said...

Great pictures, and a wonderful honor.

I finally got my camera working and have tons of pictures and a few things to blog about, but now the port for my camera is acting up. Maybe one of these days everything will work right at the same time. :-)