Friday, July 25, 2008

Expo-in' & Cheesecakin'

I'd have never believed you if you had told me 20 years ago that in 2008 I'd be married to a wonderful man whom I've known since he was a boy; that I'd have 4 amazing children with whom I would have the privelege of staying home; that I would be teaching these children preschool, 1st grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade. And that my idea of fun would be fighting traffic to then fight crowds in a crazy room full of eager vendors.


But life is full of surprises, and attending the Homeschool Expo today with two sweet, lovely, funny, and caring friends was a delightful way to spend the day. Of course, an added bonus is that the wonderful man whom I've known since boyhood was in charge of those 4 precious darlings. Yes, roaming each aisle, lingering over a shelf of books, spending way too much money, and then ending up at The Cheesecake Factory was simply as exciting as being a mallrat, hanging out at the beach, hiking up a mountain, or whatever else was intriguing to me 20 years ago.


No comments: