Monday, July 7, 2008

Pajama Day

Today has been a pajama day. Not intentionally. It's just one of those days. For all of us but the Princess. She insisted I get clothes out for her, and she was NOT happy with my selection. We had a little squabble over the shorts set I put her in, but as I explained to her, her strong stylistic preferences were not clear at the beginning of the summer and I just didn't purchase enough dresses for the girl to wear one everyday. It is summer after all. Shorts are acceptable.


It's been a strange summer. Usually we fill our summer to the brim with plans and activities, but we don't even have a family vacation planned until the end of August. I won't say it's been a boring summer, just a very lazy one...which makes it difficult to be motivated to do anything. Today, for example, being that it's Pajama Day and all, we could have eaten chocolate chip pancakes shaped like Mickey Mouse or something for lunch (you know, just to be creative and keep with the theme), but instead I let the kids talk me into watching "Tom and Jerry" over chicken and biscuits. Not that I'm complaining--I'm just happy they enjoy the good cartoons!


But I've been motivated to do little else today. In fact, I just realized Monday is laundry day, and all the dirty clothes are still in the hampers. (Really, can one successfully combine Pajama Day with Laundry Day? I don't think so.) Although Pajama Day has its merits, I'm hoping tomorrow we all wake up with a little more enthusiasm (and I'm mainly lecturing myself here). Because, just as the Princess has a limited supply of fancy dresses, the rest of us have only so many sets of PJs!

No comments: