Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Lost Sea

Sometimes you just need a change. And my sweet husband recognizes that and thus brought us along on one of his trips. We've enjoyed Tennessee and mostly just the change of pace. Today we played the role of tourists and visited The Lost Sea. We had an interesting tour of enormous caves, and we also enjoyed a short boat ride on the largest underground lake in North America. Unfortunately, I still haven't completely become fluent in Southern, and I couldn't understand a word our guide said. I did, however, understand the word "guys" which he said incessantly: "So, guys, over here we have southern, southern, southern guys, and, guys, what they would do is southern, southern, southern guys." But, overall, we had a good time.


In addition to our cave exploration, the kids also had a chance to mine for some gems. Our bag of sand yielded several sparkling, colorful stones, so the kids were convinced they had hit the mother lode. As for me...spelunking and treasure--a welcome change of pace--I guess I hit the Mommy Lode!









No comments: