Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Where all the book learnin' takes place...

It has been a sad, tragic, lonely, boring summer, and I've never been happier to see the end of a season in sight. I'm anxious to begin a new school year, but because we have several things going on next week, I have declared First Day of School to be August 20.

As I anticipate that day, I have had fun planning and setting up the schoolroom. Let me show it to you.

My schoolroom is in the basement. The room also doubles as a guest room. See the bed to the left?

What's nice is that it is a daybed, so throw a few cushions on it, and it's the perfect reading spot. Other important features: my huge whiteboard which I love, the table, the bookcase (always a favorite thing in any room), and oh yes - that blasted treadmill which mocks me everytime I go down there (but I usually just ignore it).

That bookcase there that I love? That's just a small number of my books. I won't tell you how the movers complained about the number of boxes of books they had to drag down to the basement. Here are the rest:

And there is also the game closet, though it is not quite as jam-packed as the bookcases are:

It's been fun organizing.

I bet I'm the only person in the world who is excitedly counting down the days 'til school starts.

3 comments:

tsinclair said...

I am normally right there with you, however this year I am a little slow.
Having a new school room would be fun to set up though.
Hope you have a wonderful year!

dclouser said...

I LOVE your room! The 20th will be here soon. Our kids start on the 16th here and I'm busily setting up MY room, too, which happens to be a library. There's something about a new year that makes you want to start fresh.

Amy @ Cheeky Cocoa Beans said...

Lovely, even with the mocking treadmill! Maybe you could add some throw pillows there...? ;) I love your bookcases and closet!