Saturday, August 16, 2008

Empty Cribber


The crib has actually been gone for over a year. The sippy cups are all but gone. The diaper bag is history. As we celebrated Audrey's 3rd birthday today, I came to the realization that my baby is no longer a baby. I've known it over the last few months as I've watched her involve herself with her big brothers and sister and as she's jumped into her big girl academics. Then today she held up the lip gloss she discovered in her goody bag and exclaimed, "Oh! Wip gwoss! Perfect!"


My little big girl is such a sweetie--so affectionate, so full of life, such a character. I'm so proud to be her mama! And how I wish I could bring time to a halt or at least slow it down a little. Just so I wouldn't be speeding so quickly from empty cribber to empty nester. In reality, Empty Nester is just a blip in the future, so for now I'll just soak up all those precious kisses, hugs, and giggles.






The lips are a bit too big...we'll call her Arielina Jolie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome cake!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Amy @ Cheeky Cocoa Beans said...

Oh, Audrey's absolutely adorable!! Her hair has really gotten darker. And she's even more beautiful today. :)