Thursday, April 10, 2008

Is it Really THIS Easy?

For 8 1/2 years I've been up to my elbows in poop. There was even a brief--yet very lengthy--six months in there where we had THREE in diapers. It was like a poop assembly line every day. Seriously. Now there's this fourth little one to contend with. The Princess. I've made two short-lived, feeble attempts at potty training the little diva: The first attempt was right before the cruise; I gave up before the day ended. The second attempt occurred a couple months ago; and, well, I got a little distracted by the camera.


This time around, I'm committed. I started on Monday. Four days later...she's in big girl panties! She got a package of brand new princess (of course!) panties today, and she couldn't be more excited. She's worn at least three pairs today...not because she's had any accidents, but because she'd really like to try them all out. In fact, she's been tucked in for the night clutching her blankie, her special teddy bear...and her half-empty package of big girl panties. She was a bit put out that I had the nerve to put a diaper on her before bed, but she will doubtless fall asleep with visions of princess panties dancing through her head.


And I'm just crossing my fingers that this really is the real deal. Because, well, can it really be THIS easy?

No comments: