Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Callin' in Sick

Why is it that we homeschoolers don't get sick days? I mean, we still have to do all 180 days of schooling in addition to any days we're all laid out flat. No matter, though, since our ongoing home educating also takes place on days 181-365 (or 366 as the case may be). Today, however, is a sick day for us, and while I don't think we have the dreaded flu that's been going around, we do have quite an assortment of ailments represented in our house: Michael has some sort of pink-eye thing going on. It looks a little better today than yesterday but is still red enough to, if we ventured out, send other mommies running from the room clutching their children. Jacob just plain doesn't feel well...he has a fever, has been in my bed since he got out of bed this morning, and won't eat anything.


As for me, well, my heart is beating a little differently lately. Over the last week or so, I've noticed a strange extra beat or pause or something--can't really describe it. I finally went to the doctor yesterday, and he explained that many people's hearts beat irregularly; however, he was a little concerned about why this would start out of the blue. So...they took some blood, and I'm waiting to hear if it is anemia or a thyroid problem. Or maybe it's Sudafed! I always knew my addiction to Sudafed would do me in at some point. Now I'm not supposed to take Sudafed, and I'm going through withdrawal. On the positive side, I was teasing my dear husband this morning and told him that even after almost 13 years of marriage, he still makes my heart skip a beat!

No comments: