Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Heaven

We have recently been fielding a lot of questions from the kids about heaven. As recently as last year (prior to my read of Alcorn's Heaven), I pictured heaven as a boring eternity of harp-strumming atop a white, fluffy cloud; therefore, I don't consider myself a heaven expert. So we decided to, as a family, read Alcorn's version for kids. It has been a fantastic experience with the kids. Our reading has sparked many deep, provocative discussions, and the kids have been asking great questions. What's more, they can't get enough of the book. Jacob is especially interested in it, and tonight he requested that I pleeeaaase read another chapter. He even offered to give up room time to hear another chapter, so I of course obliged; it's not often that room time is sacrificed. (Room time is theoretically supposed to be a QUIET 1/2 hour before bed during which the kids lay QUIETLY in their beds and read or look at books; it need not be said that this is not necessarily what transpires in the boys' room!)


Two thumbs up!

No comments: