Thursday, March 10, 2011

Good to Wow: Spring Edition, Edited

So I went a bit of a different direction with the prompt this week than I was probably supposed to. Here is my spring SOOC:
For my edit, I cropped in RAW and increased the exposure and saturation just a hair. I'm getting better, I think, at getting the exposure right in the first place. After the RAW edit, I ran a high pass filter and set it to overlay blending mode set to 30% opacity. I then pressed ctrl-J to create a duplicate layer. I added a scratch texture which I adjusted to overlay blending mode and brushed off the spring at 30%. Finally, I ran Coffeeshop's Vignette action.

As we know from my post on Monday, I pulled from the bottom of my proverbial photography barrel for this week's shot, but take it or leave it, that is my Good to Wow submission for the week. Perhaps next week's Yellow prompt will yield grander results.

The End.


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lake it, great and interesting shot!
Kisses.

Unknown said...

you definitely gave this photo tons of character and interest! great job with the texture!

Ashley Sisk said...

I think the texture was a great idea for this photo. It gave your spring a lot of character. Love that!

Angel Rogers said...

That looks great! Who would have thought bright pink and coils? lol

Tara said...

Love it! I also love your creativity...nice job!

Anonymous said...

I think it was a just a wonderful example of creativity and what a great way to take a simple photo and make it a work of art! Watch out Warhol!

Anonymous said...

I say WoW! It's fantastic... that texture really makes it PoP! =)
Very cool! =)

mommy to many said...

awesome creativity!

Liz said...

great the depth really comes out now.

koreen (aka: winn) said...

The texture really works. :)

Michelle R said...

I'm still loving this shot, even if it wasn't "intended" :)

Your edit rocks! The only suggestion I would have would be to erase a bit more of the texture off the spring, otherwise I love it!!!

julie said...

Now that's a clever take on spring...LOVE IT!! Great texture & crop - so creative :)

FYH said...

Love the scratched texture...awesome edit!

Charmaine Poulin said...

Ha ha! Great creativity! I love your final edit!!!

Amy @ Cheeky Cocoa Beans said...

Makes for a very interesting shot!